Nau mai harere mai, Kia ora – Welcome
CLIVE KIDS are connected, engaged and creative. If you are as excited about the potential of your child as we are then they will thrive at Clive School.
Our community is situated in a semi-rural locality, nestled between Napier and Hastings in ‘The Bay’, established in 1879. We don’t just live traditions we create them. Partnerships between and within our community of learners are strong. We hold and share high achievement expectations for all children and we work hard to achieve each student’s potential. Learning is relevant, culturally meaningful and modern (Brian Eales – School Principal).
The Chalk Board: Term 4 Week 7
Monday – Speech & Drama lessons (instead of Wednesday)
Tuesday – Road Patrol Training (Year 5s)
Wednesday – Junior Cricket Skills after School (see Mrs Scott)
Wednesday – School Athletics
- Events: Senior Events 9 – 11.00am (8 years and older)
- Junior Team Events: 11 – 12.30pm (5 to 7 year olds)
- Whole School Sprints: 1.00pm – 3.00pm
Words of Wisdom from Mr Eales
Congratulations to the Kapa Haka group who attended the Ngati Kahungunu Festival at Richmond School. We were all extremely proud of you!
Supporting Learning at Home – Mathematics
At Clive School all students work through a variety of Maths Learning Goals for homework. But there are other ways you can support, extend or develop your child’s thinking and understanding in Mathematics.
Check out the links below to get some simple ideas:
- Practical activities you can do at home – Maths at our house
- Tools and equipment you can use – Maths Kete
Afcare Contact Details
Afcare is a privately run organisation which offers care for students before and after school each day. Situated in the Clive School Hall.
If you would like to know any further details please call: 027 332 8849.
- FOS Friday Lunches – Orders taken in the sun shelter before School on a Friday
- Sausages $1.50
Cookie Time Cookies (25g) $1.00
- Muffins $1.50
2015 Clive School Communication Options
We are all different! We all have different needs as to how we want or choose to access information. This year we will continue to offer families and the community different ways of accessing information from the School. You can choose how and when you read various communications from us, may it be:
- Viewing the chalk board penguin during the day when you come into the School
- Reading paper newsletters or notices
- Viewing content on the School Website or Blogs (www.cliveschool.co.nz)
- Receiving ‘tweets or texts’
- Or… as of 2015, viewing content and receiving alerts from our Clive School App (Apple and Android)
Please note, where possible all information will be duplicated to ensure that all options share the same information.
Tweets & Texts Old and new phones can be used, simply follow the instructions below if you would like to receive short text messages about events and up-dates.
Text the number: 8987
Type the following message: follow cliveschoolnz
Clive School App Read notices & view calendared events, receive alerts about events, access links to Blogs and Websites and call in or email the office to let them know your child will be absent or late.