Procedure for Organising Sports Teams
- A notice will be sent around the classes for children to indicate their interest by putting their name down. This will be done during the first two days of school. Usually names will be collected about a month before a competition starts. Please check the newsletter for dates.
- A permission slip or notice will be sent home with all those children who expressed an interest.
- When permission slips have been returned (by the due date indicated) teams will be made up and coaches found.
- We then enter the Clive School teams with the appropriate organisation.
- Team lists are posted on a classroom window.
- Notices are sent home with team lists, dates etc.
Options that may be available
- Havelock Nth Interschool Swimming – Yr 4 – 6 Competitive- up to 4 boys and girls selected for each year group
- Weetbix triathlon – Parents to enter and organise for their own children (not a school event)
- Swimming Displays – Children in Junior & Middle School (Non-competitive)
- Senior Swimming Sports – Competitive events
- Coastal Cluster Swimming Sports – Yr 4 – 6, up to 30 boys and girls selected to compete
- Coastal cluster Cricket – non-competitive
- School Triathlon – Senior School (non-competitive) – If weather does not permit the event to go ahead it will occur in Term 4
- Rugby Beach 5’s – Yr 5-6 Selected children (up to 10)
- Miniball (basketball) – Yr 3-6 (fee required to play)
- Saturday Morning Cricket – Yr 3 – 6 (fee required to play)
Futsal (afterschool) Yr 4 -6
Summer Hockey (afterschool) Yr 3-6
Netball (afterschool) Yr 2-4
Miniball (afterschool) Yr 3-4
- Netball- (after school) Year 5 and 6 – Thursdays at Onekawa Courts, Napier (fee required to play)
- Hockey- Saturday Mornings. Year 4-6 Venue: Hockey Turf, Hastings Sports Centre. (fee required to play)
- Miniball Yr 5-6
- Rugby – children to register with Clive Rugby and Sport Club or other clubs
- Soccer – children to register with Haumoana Football Club or other clubs
- Coastal Cluster Events (Year 5 and 6 students) – Rugby & Netball
- Netball for Years 5 and 6 continues until Week 5
- Saturday morning Hockey continues until Week 6
- Miniball Yr 3-4
- Rugby (club) continues until the last weekend of August
- Soccer (club) continues.
- Coastal Cluster events – Hockey and Cross Country
- School wide events – School Cross Country
- Miniball Yr 5-6 children (fee required to play)
- Saturday Morning Cricket – Saturday 9am – 12pm in Hastings (Year 3 – 6 children)
Netball (after school) yr 2-4
Summer hockey yr 3-6
Futsal Yr 4-6
- Soccer – Summer league for GIRLS Year 3 – 6
- Coastal Cluster events – Softball and Soccer
- School wide events – School Athletics
- HB Duathlon – Yr 5-6